These template covers the requirements of SAE 3100 (Compliance Engagements) and ISAE (NZ) 3000 (Assurance Engagements other than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information).
The base version is appropriate for testing compliance with terms of grants, trust deeds etc. It contains engagement letters, options of various kinds of Limited Assurance and Reasonable Assurance reports, plus other relevant letters and reports.
This base version forms the foundation for the other versions.
The templates cover full planning, engagement letter, trial balance upload (optional), risk assessment, internal control analysis, testing pages, analytical review, audit reports, management letters and more.
- Compliance Engagement - Base version - For the audit of compliance with terms of grants, trust deeds etc. Based on SAE 3100 (Revised) and ISAE (NZ) 3000 (Revised).
- AML/CFT Limited Assurance Compliance Engagement - For use in carrying out limited assurance compliance engagement in accordance with requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009. Based on SAE 3100 (Revised), ISAE (NZ) 3000 (Revised) and SAE 3150. Includes assurance reports as recommended by CAANZ.
- Compliance Engagement - Real Estate Trust Account - For use in the audit of compliance in terms of the requirements of the NZ Real Estate Act (2008) and Real Estate Agents (Licensing) Regulations 2009. Based on SAE 3100 (Revised) and ISAE (NZ) 3000 (Revised). Includes:
- Specific checklists including the requirements of the 2009 Regulations,
- Letters and reports that comply with the requirements of the Regulations and the 2008 NZ Real Estate Act.
- Testing set up to cover the requirements for three visits.
- Testing of monthly returns.
- Custom audit report with options for modified (adverse, disclaimed and qualified) opinions.
- Compliance Engagement - PTE Trust Audits -For use in the audit of compliance with terms of Private Training Establishment trust deeds. Based on SAE 3100 (Revised) and ISAE (NZ) 3000 (Revised) specifically for the audit of PTE Trust Accounts in terms of NZQA Student Fee Protection Rules 2013 made under section 253 of the Education Act 1989. Includes:
- Checklists for the different kinds of Trust Deeds: NZQA Standard Trust Deed, NZQA Static Trust Deed and NZQA Bank Bond Trust Deed.
- Tests designed around compliance with the rules and the requirements of the Deeds.
- There are also internal controls checklists that address the specific requirements of the rules.
- Compliance Engagement - Body Corporate Management Trust Account - For use in the audit of entities managing property body corporates (like Crockers, Body Corporate Admin (BCA), Strata and First Street), testing compliance in terms of the requirements of the Unit Titles Act 2010 and Unit Titles Regulations 2011. Based on SAE 3100 (Revised) and ISAE (NZ) 3000 (Revised).
- Compliance Engagement - Solicitors Trust Account (Samoa) - For use in the audit of compliance in terms of the requirements of the Samoan Lawyers and Legal Practice Act (2014). Based on SAE 3100 (Revised) and ISAE (NZ) 3000 (Revised).
Subscribers to our auditing package may access this content from under the "compliance" tab.