Comment boxes are utilised where text-based answers are required. With multi-choice or yes/no answers narrative may also be added through adding optional comments:
- Comments may be added to default comment boxes or extra comment boxes may be accessed from the drop-down arrow at end of each work-item – in the example below instead of answering Yes or No the drop-down box is selected to reveal space for a comment:
- To enter n/a in a comment box click the () icon on right (also enter n/a using the esc key on any comment box)
- To make a paragraph within a comment box or a conclusion use shift+enter
- When completing a series of comment boxes use enter key after completing comment to save and move to the next comment box
- May add multiple comments to work items by reselecting drop-down box
- Text may be drag and dropped into a comment box from elsewhere or use copy and paste
A cross-reference to another work-paper or to referenced attachment may be added to a comment. In the example below, we used the drop-down that said "Select cross-reference" (in the previous screenshot) and selected N1 - Fixed Assets.
- We also get the option to select a step on the page to link to. In this example, we have selected 1.1. When a valid step is selected a green tick will appear in the box.
- If the checkbox labelled "Link back to comment on referenced page" is left unchecked, the work item will display a link to the target work paper, but no link is shown on that work paper – if required create a second reference back from that page:
- If the checkbox labelled "Link back to comment on referenced page" is checked, then the fixed assets page will have a reference back to the comment.