Requesting information from a client can be difficult. Often a client contact has limited time to help you and thus what information you request through correspondence should be as efficient as possible.
Our Requests feature allows users compile your questions and requests for information together in order to reduce time spent corresponding with job contacts and can be used to get information from the client at any point in the job. The request and client's responses stay in the job after they are completed and will be part of the Audit Trail. A good way to think of requests are "Follow up's for client contacts".
Every request is connected to a contact, so be sure to set up required contacts early on the job before creating requests.
Sending Draft Requests
- Create draft requests on any items by using the drop down arrow on the right. Select the "Request" tab, a contact to assign the request too and enter your request description.
In the screenshot below we are assigning a new request to John Common and asking for more details for the step above. When entering the request, be aware that the client will only see the request, so any information they need to respond should be part of the request.
- Draft requests are not sent to the client automatically. This allows for many requests to be built up throughout the job and sent in bulk. To send requests click either "Review and send draft requests" button under draft requests or the draft requests tab in the sidebar (circled red in screenshot below)
- On the draft requests page, click "Review and send" for the contact you want to send requests to. If the contact does not have a working email address, this step will not work.
- In the dialog that appears after clicking "review and send", enter an extra message you would like to send. After clicking send, the draft requests are sent to the assigned contact and no longer in a draft state.
Finalising Completed Requests
- After the contact responds to a request, a button appears on the request item to mark them as resolved.
- After a request is resolved, the styles change and it looks like a part of the job and the item gets a green tick.
- All requests ready to be resolved can be found by clicking "Requests to resolve" in the sidebar (circled red)
- If a request on a page is not resolved, the page cannot be completed. Delete requests if you no longer need them
- To review the requests sent to a particular contact, go to the contacts page and click "Review published requests". From there you can see all published requests for that contact and a button to copy the access link again if you need to re-share it for any reason.
- Contacts will see the requests as shown in the screenshot below. The contact can do as many responses as they like and the text box will expand as they write more (so in depth responses are possible).