At any point in the job, Points Forward items can be made using the "Add" drop-down to the right of all items on a workpaper.
- A cross-reference can be selected when creating a Points Forward. After the job is rolled over, Points Forward will show on the top of the pages selected as a cross-reference.
- If no cross-reference is selected it will default to the current page.
On most templates there is a workpaper where all Points Forward made in the current year can be reviewed before the job is rolled over.
- Hyperlinks are provided to the page where the point was created.
- Points forward may be edited at this point prior to posting.
- Only "posted" points (via "Post For Next Year" button) will appear after rollover.
- The sidebar will show Points Forward items made this year (yet to be posted) as well as Points from last year that are yet to be addressed.
- Points Forward items pushed to a certain page will need to be acknowledged before the page may be concluded.
- They will appear at the top of the pages that they reference with options to "comment" or make a Follow Up.